- 2 x fish steaks/fillets (the husband likes tuna, I prefer monkfish)
- 2 x carrots – cut into batons
- Packet straight to wok udon noodles
- 4-5 x limes – juiced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1tbsp ginger – chopped
- Handful chopped coriander
- Handful of chopped mint (if you don’t have fresh mint, a tsp mint sauce works really well)
- 1 x red chilli – sliced
- Groundnut oil
- Handful of smashed chilli peanuts
Mix the lime juice with the ginger, chilli, coriander, mint and caster sugar.
Fry the noodles and carrots in a wok in a little groundnut oil (just until the noodles are ready – you want the carrot to have a real bite). Season the steaks and pan-fry in a griddle pan until cooked.
Divide the noodle and carrot mix between two plates, top with the steaks and pour the dressing over the top. Add a sprinkling of peanuts and serve.
Born in Scotland in the mid 70’s, Bee was brought up on a diet of fish fingers, spaghetti hoops, and crispy pancakes. But never the deep fried Mars Bar.
Okay, maybe once, but she didn’t swallow.
Today, after a decade in Manchester, Bee has returned to Scotland and resides in Glasgow. She posts a mixture of recipes tried and tested at home.