For this week’s blog I wanted to go classic and gin based, so I’ve gone back to pre-prohibition days for the classic Clover Club cocktail.
There are a few variations of this one around, and mine is a bit of a combination of these. It works out beautifully to my palate.
It’s very different to my normal drinks, much smoother and certainly less of a slap about the chops!
I hope you enjoy.
- 5 fresh raspberries
- 50ml gin (I’ve gone for Rock Rose gin, which is a current favourite of mine)
- 10ml dry vermouth
- 10ml red vermouth
- 10ml grenadine
- 10ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- Half an egg white
- Prepare a chilled martini or coupette glass
- Give your egg white a whisk for 30 seconds – you don’t need to do this, but as a top tip it absolutely gives an edge to the lightness of the end drink
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker
- Give a good shake for at least 30 seconds without ice – this will emulsify the drink
- Add a good handful and a half of ice, and give another good hard shake. The cocktail shaker should be freezing to hold by the time you are done
- Double strain into your chilled glass
- Twist a piece of lemon zest over the drink to get a little spritz of the lemon oils over your drink.
Enjoy! It’s a light and fruity glass of goodness.